Saturday, November 13, 2010

IllustrationFriday: Burning

TheSquirrel is 6 years old. Upon learning that this week's word is "burning," she knew just what she would draw.
The funniest part is this:
She said to me as she drew it, "My mouth is open because I [in the drawing] am eating a sandwich. Just so you know."
So I laughed, wondering what eating a sandwich had to do with a fire, and I asked her, "Oh. So why are you eating a sandwich?"
She replied, matter-of-factly, "Because I was hungry!"
[silly mommy!]
:)
We love comments! Thanks for visiting!
btw, above the ceiling it is a starry night. I thought that was a cozy thought for a fire scene.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Gotta love kids! What a wonderful illustration for 'burning'. Very nice!

Unknown said...

Excellent!
Absolutely brilliant - love the picture, love the logic!
Silly mummy!

Michelle Henninger said...

Little Squirrel, you have a really great talent at telling a story! I love that you're eating a sandwich while sitting by a cozy fire. I also love the way you colored in only the fire. Nice touch! Good job!!

Pásztohy Lili said...

hey squirrel your table's burning or it will soon you should watch out from a boy it's quite good i think bye